A new version of the SMS Bin Editor has been released!
- Added translate button to quickly translate japanese text.
- SMS Manager can now read/create .arc and .szs files without external programs.
- SMS Manager can automatically copy the SMS root from the “./root” folder.
- SMS Manager can now configure Dolphin to test project without compressing szs files or creating gcn file.
- Wizard tool added to Scene Reader to allow quick addition of game objects.
- Wizard tool can also empty maps.
- Updated parameters to give Wizard tool functionality.
- Fixed glitch where objects duplicated from duplicated objects didn’t save.
- Fixed preview not updating in some cases.
You can always download the latest version here: http://blastsoftstudios.com/downloads/smsedit.html
The news portion of this site is back online, but data from before December 2014 has been lost.
Here is a short list of Bin Editor updates from 1.1.1:
*Rally editor is now built into the bin editor. (Rails will show in preview when open)
*PRM editor added.
*BMT texture support added. (“DisplayTexture COMMENT mapobj/kibako.bmt” or “ArrowBoardUp_tex COMMENT mapobj/arrowboard.bmt”).
*Can now set drawing color with parameters. (“DisplayColor COMMENT Yellow” or “DisplayColor COMMENT 0x00FFFF”).
*Editor will read RotationX, RotationY, and RotationZ parameters if there is no Pitch, Yaw, or Roll. This means you can use RotationX/Y/Z in your parameter files without any problems from the editor.
*Click to select (objects only)
*Drag to move (objects only)
*Parameter files now named after object names. To update your parameters quickly, delete the included parameters folder and copy yours in. Then run the “UpdateParameters.bat” batch file and point it to the folder where you keep all your .bin files. The program will run through all bin files and match the hashes to the object names.
*PRM Editor fully functioning.
*RAL Editor fully functioning.
*Preview no longer crashes when either a sky or map isn’t found.
*Various bug fixes.
*Can add new objects
*Can resize objects
*Can edit outside bmg files
*Can import stage warp information from StageArc.bin and the common directory
*Faster scene loading
*Inserted objects default to camera location and scale of 1. –No default values for other parameters yet.
*Improved preview loading performance.
*Improved performance when inserting objects, pasting objects, and duplicating objects.
*Fixed duplicating objects not working properly.
*Rail key frames can now be selected and moved in the preview.
*Added scene corrupter for fun.
*More .bmg types supported.
*Flags show up in preview
*Fixed some crashes.
*Fixed some command line arguments not working.
*You can now add, edit or remove warps in the Warp Finder.
*Added optional project manager application for quickly exporting/importing all the szs/arc files.
Current version is 1.2.3. New version will be released Soon™.